Whew!!

We've all breathed a sigh of relief. Jodi from A Yummy Life did it again. If the sneak peek is any indication, our family pictures not only turned out OK, they actually turned out to be quite YUMMY. Why did we have doubts you ask??

1. Alek and I (well, mostly me because we were already there and I LUURRRVE to try and get one more thing done if I can squeeze it in) had decided to clean out the chicken coop and were running late. Or rather, were running on Natalie standard time.
2. The Weavers were also running late. Which provided great air cover for my own lateness. Of course, they have a child to get ready, what was my excuse? Hey, those shoes DID take a long time to buckle up.
3. It was hot. And I mean hot. Each layer of our carefully crafted "Fall" outfits suddenly seemed like a bad idea. I had a SIGG and kept forgetting it as we moved from location to location. Every time I would turn around to go back for it Eliza would have it in her little hands. I would thank her for remembering it and she would say "It's OK Auntie, I was REALLY thirsty anyway."
4. The Kewpie Doll was grumpy. And we couldn't really blame her. A 7 month old in black tights, a black long sleeved leotard with a leopard sweater over the top and sequined shoes? Really? Hey, who knew it would be 90 Degrees on October 2nd??
5. G doesn't like bows in her hair. G doesn't like to be held. Or stand still. Or stop eating. Or stop running. Or stop playing. Or stop eating rocks or digging in the dirt. Ever. And she'll give you the biggest smiles in the world as long as you're not trying to keep a bow in her hair and hold her and keep her still and clean. (Damn, I love that kid.)


In the end you'd never know we harried and hot and absolutely desperate for more dogs to wander by to charm the babies. Jodi, you are AMAZING. http://www.ayummylife.blogspot.com/

P.S. We've been asked for a wardrobe breakdown and here's what I know:


  • I am wearing a ruffly lime green sweater and red bow tie belt from Mom's closet (both were scored at Ross). Dress is Merona brand from Tar-jay (I bought it last fall for my Betty Draper Halloween Costume). The shoes are a really really really cheap knock off of Christian Louboutin Dillian Flower Pumps. I am morally against knock-offs of brand name products but totally in favor of BANANAS red shoes for the family picture and, well, there you have it. You reap what you sow because the heel is already starting to break off. But they look great in the picture and that was the point!

  • Janaan is wearing the rose print sheath dress from White House Black Market. Her fabulous blue pumps are the Glo Women's Jayden Pump in Royal Blue from, drum roll please...KMart!

  • Mom's necklace is made from vintage jewelry and was bought on Etsy. The store is Raquel Castillo. There are similar styles at Forever 21.

  • Eliza is wearing a leopard print cardigan from Forever 21. And Alexis a leopard skirt from Wal-Mart and all three babies are wearing red sequined Mary Jane's, also from tha Wal-Marts.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love the pics, love the clothes, love everything!

Janaan where did you get your tights? I love them!!!

Les Franglais said...

Natalie - you need to move your backside to London and go through my wardrobe PRONTO!!! Oh... and I'll pay for the priviledge. Hell, I'll take us to Nobu for lunch... oh wait and the Wolesley for tea.

colesathome said...

you guys are toooo cute! love these!