Join The Dating Revolution

When I moved back to Utah I was in desperate need of two things: my family and a therapist. Lucky for me, my Dad had been talking to a client of his about my impending divorce and she referred me to the phenomenal Karen Kindred. I saw Karen for about 18 months and I can honestly say that she changed my life through her pragmatic approach to relationships and her sassy, memorable catchphrases. Her motto: change your thinking, change your life.

I was intrigued and excited when Karen asked me (now that I was no longer a client) if I would be interested in helping her teach a series of Dating 101 workshops that she was starting in 2010. I jumped at the chance to participate.



Karen has noticed a trend in her practice: people have stopped dating. They hang out, hook up, sleep over and break up. They get into a relationship and move things way too fast, the result being that the relationship either burns out in 2 or 3 months or the couple gets married way too quickly and things end badly.

Karen wants to start a new dating revolution where people understand themselves and what they want, what the right pace is for the different stages of a relationship, how to communicate better and how to make progress in the relationship - whether that means moving forward to different levels of intimacy or breaking up. Even more than that, she hopes to teach people how to HAVE FUN dating. To teach people how to fall into LIKE in order to fall in love.

Karen is offering a FREE introductory Dating 101 workshop next Tuesday, March 9th at 7:00 PM at the Cottonwood Club. It's a great opportunity to get a sense for what the Dating 101 workshops are like, eat some yummy food and meet some like minded local singles. There's no pressure to sign up for the series - in fact, we'd love to have you attend the free session just to get your feedback! MORE INFO

Here is the scoop on the Dating 101 workshops:

What is it?
Six week workshop series. Workshops meet once a week for 90 minutes. Each group is co-ed.

Week 1
Slow and Steady Wins The Race: Understanding the different phases of a relationship and how NOT to move things too fast. How do you show someone you're interested in them? What should a healthy relationship look like?

Week 2
Don’t Sell a Bill of Goods: How to be authentic from the beginning of a relationship, set your boundaries and start speaking your truth.

Week 3
Conquering Fears: Understanding relationship fears and how to conquer them.

Week 4
Out With The Old, In With The New: IF, WHEN and HOW to break-up.

Week 5
Life is a Conversation: Communication. Communication. Communication. Understanding productive communication in a relationship. Did we mention this week is about communication?

Week 6
Know Thyself: Understanding your unique personality type and what you are looking for in a relationship. How to keep your relationship FUN and spicy.

Find out more at www.kindreddating101.com

Free Dating 101 Workshop
Tuesday, March 9th at 7:00 PM
The Cottonwood Club
1780 East Lakewood Drive (approximately 5400 South)
Holladay, Utah
DIRECTIONS

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think i may get a group from my ward to attend this! We have serious dating (or non-dating) issues. Thanks for the info!

Life Is Good said...

I should tell "you-know-who" about this ;)