Feeling Like Organizing

Something about the new year gets me in the mood to organize.

My closet is tiny, so with every season change I rotate my wardrobe into the house from the bins in the garage. (I won't lie, it was a bit hard to give up my spare closet for Baby G, but it has been a lot of fun to fill it up with cute baby clothes.) ANYWAY, the big seasonal rotation of my clothes is a good opportunity to organize and clean out the closet a couple of times a year. The problem is, the closet stays organized for, oh, about a month before I start to get lazy and shove things everywhere.

The other day I realized my closet was too far gone to ignore. So I plopped the baby on the bed with some toys and folded all the sweaters, pants and tops.

(Wow, the sweaters look messy in this photo, but I promise you it's night and day from before. I guess I should have taken a 'before' photo. Oh well, lesson learned.)

Then I took all my hanging tops and put them on these new hangers found at Ross to maximize my space.

Then I finally got out the plastic bottles Mom and I bought almost a year ago, and unified the products in my shower. Everything is now in these matching bottles with their names written on the bottom with a permanent sharpie.

I got this idea from the fabulous Martha Stewart who inspires and makes me feel guilty all at the same time.

Martha says, "Uniform plastic bottles not only look better than the usual shampoo and soap containers, but they also fit more neatly in storage devices."

By then I was REALLY goosed up so I finally started a painting project in my basement. I know, it's not really organizing related, but it's home improvement.

I cannot wait to show you the final product!

For lots of organizing inspiration go here or here.

P.S. I didn't forget about Baby G on the bed in all of this. I don't care about organizing. THAT much. :-)

1 comments:

Les Franglais said...

OMG, I am not the only freak that transfers all her bath/shower products into matching plastic containers??! Whoo-hooo... Mine are from MUJI:http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=18&Sub=78&PID=48
xxx