Good-Bye Six Pack!!


Hello!

I received this email from a close friend of mine and wanted to share it with you!

XOXO,
Natalie

So, this morning before I started swinging the hammer, I took a quick ride down the street to a little bakery my friend Stacey turned me on to -- Tulie --two doors down from Trio. As many of you know, baked goods are my (not so) secret food lust! (and Dorritos and diet Coke...) and I have to keep an eye on it so I don't loose the six pack abs I've been working on forever (well, it's down to a 1 pack lately, but whatever). I digress... As I ate (tried not to inhale) my pain au chocolat, today, I was struck by how similar in product quality this place is to "Tartine...." -- which is SF institution -- wildly successful.

That said, this place holds its own against Tartine, and in fact the owner spent a few days observing that very bakery. They have a little cafe area inside AND a great little patio/court yard to the East between the buildings and serve lunch items, too. Most of you probably already know about Tulie, but in case you don't, and you're in the mood for a gougere, or a chocolate brioche, or croissant, etc.... -- or you need a delicious and amazing cake at the last minute -- please check these people out! (It adds to the allure, for me, that Tulie was started by a woman who holds a Phd in clinical psychology and left that career to start this, with no formal bakery training -- just smart, intuitive on food, and clearly gets it... ). Very cool.

Tulie Bakery
863 E 700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84102-3416
(801) 883-9741

0 comments: