My FAVorite Brownies

For the past three weeks we've been quite lucky to have friends and neighbors bring us delicious dinners and desserts. This has been a good and bad thing considering I don't currently fit into any of my pants...but I digress.

There is one dessert I simply cannot stay away from - my new FAVORITE brownie. It is a chocolate-y caramel-y delicious delightful wonder. I am very protective of them. Our dear friends brought us some while I was in the hospital and when my husband tried to eat the last one...well let's just say he left the rest for me. I could blame it on some kind of post-partum hormone induced craze, but I won't.

The recipe comes from the "Favorites" Ivory Family Cookbook sold exclusively by the Make-a-Wish Foundation in Utah for only $25. As a side note, this recipe book is worth every penny, there are many many delicious recipes in there.




Boyers' Caramel Brownies

1 (14 oz) package Kraft caramels, unwrapped

1/3 cup evaporated milk

Melt caramels and evaporated milk together in saucepan; set aside

1 package German chocolate cake mix

1/3 cup evaporated milk

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 (6 oz) package milk chocolate chips

Grease and flour 9 x 13 pan. Stir cake mix, evaporated milk and melted butter together by hand and press half of the mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and pat chocolate chips into crust, then pour melted caramel over. Daub remaining half of cake mixture on top and bake for another 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.



These little babies are sooooooooo good and they freeze well too. Freezing them helps keep me from eating them all at once. Just pop one out, let thaw and enjoy!

4 comments:

NatRat said...

I have had this recipe forever, I LOVE these brownies too. A brownie with caramel...scrumptious! I hope you are doing good with that new little one.

Brooke said...

Hello there :o)

I wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog..I'm not sure how I found it but I'm glad I did!

I have this cookbook, it's great! What other recipes do you like from it? I have only tried a few so far (BBQ salad, Tortellini Soup, and a couple others) but everything so far has been delish.

Stina said...

Janaan! I keep thinking about you and how you are now a mom! when is a good time to call you so we can chat? Love the brownies. I've had them before but not in awhile. glad I have the recipe now! take care.

Janaan said...

Hey Brooke,

We've had good luck with all the salad recipes. I made the Lemon Chiffon cake for a birthday celebration recently and it was super easy and delicious. And the Hootenanny Pancake is always a favorite. (I usually cut down on the butter though.)