Sweater Clips

The classic cardigan is back again and sweater and sweater clips are the perfect complement, adding some personal flavor to a classic look. They are available at many places on the Internet. You could even make your own!

Back in the 60's and 70's I remember my Grandma Carrie wearing sweater clips. Recently I saw them again in a couple of magazines and thought it would be fun to find one. I went to a vintage store and found one right away. The idea for the sweater clip was to hold a sweater in place when worn loose on the shoulders. They were very popular in the 1950's (no offense to my grandma - she was wearing them many years later!). The clips themselves are normally alligator type clips. You can also use them to bring in the back of a loose dress. They are very attractive and come in many designs and lengths.


0 comments: