ABC Books


I'm a big huge fan of ABC books - especially the gold standard, "Dr. Suess's ABC's." From the birth of my first child (some 32 years ago) to my grand daughter today, I have read that book thousands of times. Of course it's memorized now. I guess if I can't remember a letter I will know I'm losing my mind and headed for assisted living.

But this year I found an ABC book that was so different it really can't compared with others. It's ABC3D by MARION BATAILLE. She is a graphic and book designer who has never before been published in this country. She lives in Paris, France. I bought it at my local Barnes & Noble. I thought I would give it to my grand daughter. But, after careful inspection I decided it's a book that can be appreciated by adults (perhaps more than children!) So I have it with my other "coffee table" books for guests to enjoy.



"Easily the most innovative alpabet book of the year, if not the decade... Beyond clever."—The Washington Post Prepare to be amazed. From the lenticular cover that changes with the angle of your hands all the way to the Z, ABC3D is as much a work of art as it is a pop-up book. Each of the 26 three-dimensional letters move and change before your eyes. C turns into D with a snap. M stands at attention. X becomes Y with a flick of the wrist. And then there's U...Boldly conceived and brilliantly executed with a striking black, red, and white palette, this is a book that readers and art lovers of all ages will treasure for years to come."

1 comments:

Kelly said...

We have this incredible book as well. Have to keep it away from toddlers though-easily ruined. But very clever and fun to look at!