Obsession: DownEast

I have a habit/obsession with the DownEast Home Store. It's a unique chain of stores in Utah and Idaho that carry clothing and furniture. There are all kinds of treasures to be found there. They carry furniture and accessories from many upper end catalogs like Pottery Barn and West Elm. They also have clothes and jeans from various stores and designers too. The prices are incredible. I know many people who live in other states who buy here and figure out how to get it home later.

I have a store just a few blocks from my office, and I can't help myself, I have to check it out whenever I get the urge, which is often. My house if quite full of furniture, but I always seem to have room for more. I tell my husband it's upgrading and I move less awesome furniture to the garage or storage shed or to charity. These are my latest purchases.

7 Drawer Mirrored Dresser for $216.00!! It was so heavy it caused bruises on the poor people (husband) who helped get it to the master bedroom!

Compare this Horchow dresser (much smaller for $769 plus $189 shipping!)

This is my new "pirate chest"(I don't know what else to call it). It's huge and was only $399.00!!

I bought this much smaller chest a few months ago for $789.00. Even Cheaping Girls make buying mistakes.

0 comments: