Neutral Nursery

I've been thinking a lot (and I mean A LOT) about the nursery for this new little baby. Although, it's going to end up being very colorful and eclectic, I love the simple palette in this English nursery. It's so soothing and clean.

The lovely Estelle did a great job. Although she knew they were having a boy, she wanted a nursery that was unisex, so she went for a calming, classic linen color (Farrow & Ball - Slipper Satin #2004). She doesn’t believe in having cartoon characters or other baby-like things on the walls, which I completely agree with. Currently the walls are still a bit bare but she has some black and white photos of her babe to hang.

I love the natural colors and interesting textures of her Moses Basket.

For her toy basket she used this one from Zara Home, which unfortunately we don’t have here in the states, but this is a good alternative from Wal Mart .

1 comments:

Kim said...

Janaan,
I found this nursery, and I am inspired...this is a nursery that I love!
http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2009/01/around-the-room-baby-a.html
She has got new, old, reused, eclectic, perfect! I love the neutral with a pop of color! Check it out....