Eyebrow Threading

I first discovered eyebrow threading at the lovely lovely Zen Nail Salon and Spa in Frisco, Texas.

"Threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in India. It is also popular in Persian Culture. Threading the entire face is widely spread amongst Iranians. Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy hairlines, moustaches and so on, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line. As the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized, threading is an alternative for those with sensitive skin or who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar products." --Source: Wikipedia.org

I can definitely vouch for it being an alternative for those with sensitive skin. My skin always peels off when I get my eyebrows waxed and I have to be very very careful about what type of wax is used. The other thing that I love about threading is that unlike waxing, it removes the teeniest tiniest of hairs and leaves an incredibly clean line.

The number one question I get when I tell people that I like threading is: "Is it is more painful than waxing?" I would say it's about the same level of pain. I really don't think eyebrow waxing is THAT painful, so if you think waxing is painful then threading might not be the answer for you.

The biggest problem is finding someone who has expertise with this technique. If you live in the Salt Lake Valley, check out Salon Zazou, 1826 South 900 East, Salt Lake City. 801-466-2202

4 comments:

Kate said...

This is so cool! I'd never heard of it. My eyebrows are very unruly and i wax a lot so this could be really cool. Thanks!

zobars said...

You can also ask any of your friends who are from India if they know someone who does it at home because a lot of Indian ladies in our town do it at their place.

miss t said...

youi're tempting me into doing threading again...but in cheapinggirl fashion, I paid $75 for a DIY waxing class (the $75 went to charity to build water wells in Africa) and can wax anywhere on my body now. Threading was painful for me- I did it 8 years ago but may try it again because I took off 1/2 of my eyebrows waxing the other day because i was distracted.....

Becky Collins said...

I live in San Antonio, Texas. We have Kiosks at all our malls who thread eyebrows for $10-$12. It looked so much better and less painful for me. I watched youtube videos to learn how to do it myself. I highly recommend threading instead of plucking or waxing. Its supposed to last twice as long too.