Post-Christmas Shopping

The days after Christmas were spent eating copious amounts of leftover candy and seeing what deals were out there.

Far and away I bought the most stuff at Kohls. They took huge markdowns on all their clearance. We do not really like Kohls, aside from their Vera Wang items, which are usually pretty great. Two items I got for my growing pregnant belly were the Pleated Dolman Top and Pleated Taffeta Top.

Barnes & Noble had a lot of their books marked way way down. I picked up a few children's books. We are members of their loyalty program so we saved an additional 10% on everything.
These fun patent boots were on sale at Payless for only $10. They didn't have my size in store, so I had the clerk look them up and find the right pair at another location. When you do this, they give you a $3.00 off coupon to buy the shoes at the other store. So these only cost me $7. Woohoo.
At Target we scoped out the Christmas Decor that was all 50% off. Natalie focused on black ornaments for her black and gold tree and I picked up a couple of small vintage-inspired ornaments for my tree next year.



We found that most of the Christmas decor was really picked over, so we decided that buying on the day after Thanksgiving was better than waiting until after Christmas.

JC Penney also had a huge sale along with an extra $15 off coupon when you spent $50 or more. Natalie picked up 8 turtlenecks for less than $50. She hates turtlenecks but sweaters are itchy, so... We also found some cute ballet flat shoes for $2!

All in all, it was pretty good shopping and we probably spent too much money. But hey, we can address that problem in '09 right?

1 comments:

zobars said...

Can't beat 2 dollar shoes. Awesome find.