NARS: Endorsed by a make-up spaz

While perusing the make-up counter at Barney's in Chicago I thought it would be a great opportunity to find the perfect shade of red lipstick. We started out at the Lipstick Queen counter, but were quickly led over to the NARS counter. And one thing led to another and yada yada yada, I spent like $150. BUT, I have been looking quite colorful, despite the gray weather here, due to the following FABULOUS NARS products:


NARS SAYS: The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-size crayon design. Instantly coats lips with rich pigment, imparting a velvet matte finish for seamless color. The long lasting yet non-drying formula is enriched with special emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, velvety color for hours.
NATALIE SAYS: OH YEAH!! I've found my red lipstick!! The color is beautiful and lasts a long long long time. It's not too orange-y and not to blue-y and despite being matte and being a lip pencil, is not drying, which is a huge issue for me with my dry skin. It also doesn't leave a wicked of a lip print on your drinking glass. Perfection!!
NARS SAYS:
Made with transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look. Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity. Provides a sheer, natural hint of color Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness.
NATALIE SAYS: You all know we LOVE Orgasm (bomchickawawa!!). Now you can get this 'nighttime' version, which has a little richer pigment and sparkles. And not Olympic gymnast sparkles, more like disco sparkles. LOVE IT!!



NARS SAYS: With its gently tapered spiral dome head, this brush is perfect for application of powder and color. Its multi-functional design is excellent for defining cheekbones, highlighting the complexion, as well as blending and diffusing color on or around the eye area. The handle of the Yachiyo brush is hand-spun with black wisteria to preserve its unique traditional character.

NATALIE SAYS: OK, so, we where in a whirlwind shopping frenzy and the NARS lady I'm sure could sense I would basically buy anything at this point and she said 'ooh, check out this brush, it's part of the Kabuki collection and it's fabulous for applying blush' and I was like 'ooh, this brush is cool' and she was like 'yeah, you should totally get it' and I was like 'OK' but inside I thought 'this brush LOOKS cool, but how great could it be and I wonder how much it costs but I'm totally not going to ask?'.

Well, I am here to tell you, this brush is FANTASTIC. It was $50 and it was worth every penny. There is something about the shape that lets someone who is completely spastic about make-up application (a.k.a. ME) put on the perfect amount of perfectly shaped blush. I could go on and on and on about this brush...just get one. It's worth it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay . . . so I'm too lazy to submit an email to ask the cheaping girls for advice, so here it is . . . how do you find that perfect shade of red lipstick?

Like the one described in this post. Is this the one for everyone? Should I buy this one? What if I need one with more blue? I don't know!

I've always wanted to wear red lipstick and all the magazines say everyone looks great in red lipstick but I have not found a shade that I have ever really liked. Please help!

I trust your collective genius to advise me. I am desperate for your help!

Bethany said...

Ok- so I know you said that Cruella looks really good, but I think you have to have darker hair or less pale skin then mine, because I tried out the NARS Cruella crayon the other day at Sephora and well...it just made me look like a hooker. Or possibly a geisha...?
So here's my question for you- is red truly for everyone? And how do you pull it off without feeling like a hooker?
-The Curly Girl (aka Bethany)