It's A Yummy Life at The Chocolate Loft



I recently moved into a converted loft space in a building that used to be a chocolate factory. After two months of renovations (and believe me, the renovations were NOT extensive, apparently these things take much much more time than I had originally anticipated...but I digress...) the space was finally done. To celebrate, I decided to have professional photos taken.

I called the lovely Jodi at A Yummy Life Photography and now I have pictures of my house that really communicate not only what it looks like, but how it makes me FEEL when I walk in the door. To see more pictures of my place or to book a session, visit http://ayummylife.blogspot.com/.

This Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for the love and support of my friends and family and to have this beautiful roof over my head. Thanks to Jodi for the gorgeous pictures. Thanks to Janaan for her design vision and inspiration and advice and for always being 'the eye' (you totally should have charged me for this!). Thanks to Mom for countless hours of moving and unpacking and scrubbing price tags off of five billion dishes and running downtown to let contractors in and out and unknown numbers of days of dog-sitting. Thanks to Christina for all of her support and being the life of my party. A very very special thanks to Dad, who gave up so many days of his precious time moving my stuff, demolishing what was here before and hauling it to the dump, going to IKEA (I know how much you hate it), hauling unbelievable amounts of blerg and then BUILDING the blerg, and for all of those other dreaded 'Dad' duties. And thanks to Alek for my beautiful Venetian plaster walls, for turning my 'just ignore this column' white columns into rusted iron support beams that now make sense, and for all of those other dreaded 'man friend' duties.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

P.S. Jodi also snapped this picture of my blind-as-a-bat dog Lucy. Aww, bless.



5 comments:

Rachel McCormack said...

Nat, I love the place! Ready to come help me decorate? You haven't been to Colorado in a while.

Kim said...

Just went over to Jodi's site to look at the pics....I am so mad I missed the party so I could see it in person....next time I am in town I MUST SEE IT! It looks so beautiful...you deserve this and every happiness...you are a wonderful friend ;)

Kim said...

So when is this place going to be in some interior design magazine? I can't stop looking.....I am going NOW to buy apothecary jars...since I don't have an IKEA in town....

KamilahNYC said...

Natalie your home is beautiful!!!

Lindsay said...

Your place is awesome! It has really beautiful lighting and the exposed brick, concrete, and beams give it such a lovely urban feel. I am jealous! Very jealous! I will be in Utah in January and I want to see it in person--please?