A FAB-ulous Find!

It was 4:30 PM last Friday and I was SSSSOOOO burned out from a five day business trip to Montreal. It was time to peace-out for the weekend. Mom wanted to go to Plato's Closet and sell some jewelry. Not the real stuff, sillies, just some costume jewelry. We've all sold all of our unwanted costume jewelry at Plato's Closet and had really good uptake from them. I thought that would be a good way to unwind so I tagged along.

I hit the designer jeans racks first. Plato's is a great place to find designer jeans at a steep discount. I found a pair of brand new skinny Diesel jeans for $60. But alas, as with all Diesel jeans I have tried on, they didn't fit right. Oh well, my quest for Diesel jeans continues...
I moved on to the sweater racks next. Coming from more moderate climates to Utah, I've found that my winter wear is definitely lacking and I have been stocking up on sweaters like CA-RAZY. I was sort of absentmindedly perusing the sweaters when I happened up on this lovely piece:

First off, I noticed it because it was orange, my very favorite color. Second, I noticed it was in great shape. As I inspected it closer, I noticed that the original tag was still in it, indicating it was brand new. SA-WEET! Even better, the sweater was from Anthropologie and was marked at $16.00. Original price? $118!!

Out of curiousity, Mom was looking at the Anthropologie website today and discovered that this sweater is a part of their fall 2008 collection. It is the Truism Cardigan and comes in both Dark Orange and Navy.

So, I walked out with a brand new sweater from Anthropologie for $16 and Mom walked out with $45 in cash. Is there a more perfect way to start the weekend???

2 comments:

zobars said...

Hi Natalie,
I have been a regular reader of your blog since the last month and I must say its really fun to read all your good deal finds and your tips. I was wondering what Plato's closet was all about since I am new to that concept. How do you know how much to sell your stuff for and what kind of stuff do they buy ??? If you have any tips then please pass them on. I would love to hear about it.

Pam said...

Great question - such a great question that we decided to do a post on it for Monday. Thanks!