Starts with a "C", Ends with an "O" and has "HICAG" in the Middle


It's official!! The Cheaping Girls are going to Chicago next month!! We are so excited because none of us have ever been to Chicago. Well, that's not totally true, I've been there a bunch of times for work, but have spent most of my time there locked up in endless meetings in hotel ballrooms or wandering the streets late at night in a drunken oblivion...aaahhh, good times...

THE POINT IS - we would love to hear your suggestions on can't miss spots in the Windy City and we will of course provide a full detailed report on our exploits on the Magnificent Mile!!

5 comments:

Miss T said...

Girlies,
If you haven't checked out Oprah's restaurant, Table 52, and IF you can get a table, I would highly suggest eating there for a night. The food is divine, especially the bread they serve when you sit down....fresh from the oven. I'm drooling thinking about it. I tried to get a table a year ago and was told it was a one month wait (the restaurant just opened). I got lucky as there are 5 seats at the bar and I was able to stalk the diners, waiting patiently until 1 person left. All of the food is yummy and unfortunately I only have one stomach to fit it all in.
http://www.tablefifty-two.com/

Kate said...

I don't know anyone else but if i were you i would take in a Madonna concert while you are there ;-)

Stina said...

AHHHH!!! I'm so excited! we have hang out! give me dates and I'll pencil them in! ----Christina

Kim said...

I second miss t's suggestion of Table 52....it is the most beautiful restaurant. And the food was delicious. Oprah's chef, was there and graciously spoke to us several times during our meal to make sure everything was perfect. You must go there....I would love to actually meet the cheaping girls there is possible. And if you haven't seen Wicked, you must also see it. The Chicago show ends in December, and it is the only cast I have seen....but others say it is better than LA. I have several other suggestions as we just spent the weekend there....but I feel I might just have to email you and not take all your comment space. LMK when you are going to be there and I will drive into town

Ryan & Ashley Blair said...

I love Chicago. . .Here are my top four suggestions in no particular order:

1. Art Institute
2. Boat Ride on the lake
3. Lou Malnati's Pizza
4. Signature Lounge (my favorite!)