Goodnight Goon

It’s bedtime in the cold gray tomb with a black lagoon, and two slimy claws, and a couple of jaws, and a skull and a shoe and a pot full of goo. But as a little werewolf settles down, in comes the Goon determined at all costs to run amok and not let any monster have his rest.

While shopping on Saturday (I know, I know, I meant to stay home and do some important stuff but the day just got away from me) I came across this little gem of a book.


I usually do not like messing with classics like "Goodnight Moon." I mean the book was first published in 1947, so it seems to stand on it's own. But, this parody is just too wonderful to resist. This book has taken the classic lines and morphed them into a creepier version, “Goodnight tomb. Goodnight goon. Goodnight Martians taking over the moon.” I am going to start reading it to my grand-daughter right away to get her excited about Halloween.

0 comments: