A Tasty Burger

It’s been called the “In-n-Out Burger of the East Coast.”

5 Guys Burgers and Fries has come to Salt Lake City. Everything is fresh and nothing is frozen, which guarantees a tasty meal. They even list where the potatoes are from that day. For germ-a-phobes like me, they have an open kitchen so you can see what’s going on while they are making your hand packed burger.

The first time we went in, we made the mistake of ordering a “little” burger, which only has one patty. We were pretty hungry after a long morning of shopping and preparing for a long afternoon of shopping, so one patty wasn’t enough. The next time it was regular burgers all around, which means two patties. That’s right, I said two. I personally recommend the grilled onions as one of your toppings. It adds a nice flavor.


The only drawback was that the French fries are cooked in 100% peanut oil. That and there are free peanuts available for appetizers. Let's just say, the place is crawling with peanuts. Since I’m deathly allergic to peanuts, I was a little nervous. But, I discovered that a very small percentage of people with peanut allergies experience a reaction to refined peanut oil, since most of the allergy causing proteins are burned out. And I also discovered that they do a banner job keeping all of the tables wiped off. And I figured, hey, I have my expired Epipen with me. (Note to self: Get that prescription filled…). I’ve been twice now, and I’m still alive.

Since it’s not reasonable to drive to St. George every weekend to get an In-n-Out burger, what with fuel prices and all, this is the next best choice. Check it out. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

P.S. I recommend the Cajun fries.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Okay, that burger looks amazing!!!!!! And i don't even eat read meat :-) Why do they cook in peanut oil? Is it better for you?

Cheaping Girls said...

From what I can tell, pure peanut oil has better taste when frying and is better for you. It has no trans fat, no cholesterol, is low in saturated fat, and has a good balance of healthy unsaturated fats.