Mineral Schmineral

Mineral foundation has it benefits. It's made of pure ingredients, no preservatives and no chemical dyes, and provides impeccable coverage. Zinc Oxide, one of the key ingredients in mineral makeup, helps acne prone, inflamed, and irritated skin.

All this is great, but for someone with skin like mine that tends to be uber dry, this stuff can feel like a vacuum, sucking all of the moisture out, which is not a good thing. But, being influenced by popular trends and wanting to try and lessen the amount of chemicals I use on a daily basis, I decided to give it a try. After testing the Bare Escentuals brand and really hating it, I bought a foundation from Avon for less than $10 and here's what I found: 1. The less expensive ones are better, in my opinion, than the pricier options at Sephora; 2. Make sure your skin is well exfoliated because this stuff picks up and highlights even the littlest flakes; 3. When I layer bronzer on top, the finish is lovely; 4. It creates a matte finish on those days when my skin is shiny. 5. If I happen to have a blemish, this will not cover it up completely; I still need to use a spot concealer.

So, if you're looking to give this stuff a test run, don't make a huge investment. I recommend the following two options:


Avon - $7.99

E.L.F. - $5.00

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Good to know! I had been wondering about jumping on the mineral band wagon myself.