Hot Mess


When you are a Cheaping Girl it's a must to check out "Going out of Business" sales. Last Friday, while in Las Vegas, I was walking by the Two Lips shoes outlet, when what to my wondering eyes should appear? A going out of business sale! Now I have been to a few of these sales before. Sometimes they are not good deals, and sometimes they are fake (like in New York where "going out of business" is a permanent state of being for some stores). But sometimes, SOMETIMES, they are the real thing. And this one was one of those times - everything was marked way WAY down and it was BOGO!

This was a shopping event for the true shopper. It was hot, messy, crowded and there were mysterious wet spots on the floors. Now, I don't even want to think about those wet spots, I just sashayed around them. You can't be a coward in this type of battle.

This sale was the hottest mess I have ever seen, and I've been to A LOT of Ross stores. I mean, this mess was mind-blowing. However, the shoes were cool, I had my MWM by my side, and I had time to filter through the piles.

This was not a task for the faint of heart. It was very frustrating, finding one shoe in your size and then scoping out the entire store for the mate. Sometimes I could only find two left shoes in my size. Oh the irony! Or, maybe there was someone with two size 7 1/2 right feet out there...anything is possible I suppose...


But, with a little effort I was soon finding complete pairs of boots and shoes. Keep in mind, there was no help at all (this was no Nordstrom!). To top it off, there was only one girl at the check out counter and she seemed to have no energy, maybe that was because is was 110 degrees outside and only a little cooler inside. ANYWAY, after avoiding the mysterious wet spots and digging through the piles (yes, these pictures are actually from this sale!) here is what I found:

Hottie - Originally $79.99 on sale at Two Lips for $59.99 - At the sale $8.33 a pair!
Vivacious - Originally $79.99 on sale at Two Lips for $59.99 - At the sale $8.33 a pair!

Shady - Originally $79.99 on sale at Two Lips for $49.99 - At the sale $8.33 a pair!

All in all, I got 3 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of boots for the low low price of $50.00! TOTALLY worth the effort!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I am so jealous!!! Not of the heat or the mysterious wet spots but certainly of your gorgeous shoes! WOW! So...did you get any for Janaan? :-)

Pam said...

Sadly, no shoes for my Cheaping Girl friends. It was so stressful to just find your own size! If only we all wore the same size.....

Kelly said...

Way to go finding those gorgeous shoes! You truly are the best shopper I know. Thanks for the NYC tips. We had a great time!!