Ode to Aquaphor

Organic is great, right? Well, not when it comes to L'Occitane Shea Butter. Last fall, L'Occitane discontinued their standard Pure Shea Butter in favor of their Organic Shea Butter formulation. And, well, they broke my heart. Why L'Occitane? WHY???? If you want to get technical, the Pure Shea butter is still available in the travel size, but that just ain't cutting it for me.

My sister and I share the same dry, sensitive skin, the same love of L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter and have always been fans of Eucerin brand products. I was in my Shea Butter meltdown and she suggested I check out Aquaphor, by Eucerin as a possible replacement.

Oooooohhhhhhh Aquaphor, how I adore it. According to their website, Aquaphor:
  • Is clinically proven to reduce healing time
  • Creates a protective barrier that seals in moisture
  • Helps heal raw, irritated skin caused by radiation treatments, facial resurfacing procedures and Atopic Dermatitis
  • Soothes and helps protect extremely dry, chapped or chafed skin and lips caused by winter weather or diabetes
  • Soothes and protects minor burns
  • Is Fragrance-free, preservative-free, non-irritating

According to me, Aquaphor:

  • Makes lips oh so soft and it has a nice texture and no taste, so it's great for kissing
  • Soothes any kind of chapped or chafed or dry or irritated skin anywhere
  • Is great in a thin layer around my eyes to keep them moist all day long
  • Keeps cuticles moisturized
  • Makes my skin happy

And the best part? Miniature L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter (0.26 oz) = $8.00. Miniature Aquaphor (0.35 oz) = $1.99.

2 comments:

Ryan & Ashley Blair said...

Plus it cleared up Rowan's baby acne within two days. . .

Kate said...

Great for diaper rash! But I rub it on my super dry hair stylist knuckles at night. Works like a freakin charm.