Ask The Cheaping Girls

Hello Dahlings!

We are so excited to start our 'Ask the Cheaping Girls' feature. We have received so many great questions from our dear readers and we love a shopping challenge! This question comes from a friend and former colleague of mine who is a lovely girl with the most perfect curly hair you have ever seen. Actually, we should have her write a post about how she gets her hair so perfectly curly, it's a complicated process, but the results are worth it!

Anyhoo, here is her question:

I need some fashion help. My sister in law is getting married in August and her color is purple (more red than blue). I've found a cute dress from Banana Republic. [Note from Natalie - OK, this dress is totally cute and I would love to show it to you, but it is sold out and now I can't find a picture of it. Sorry!!] Now what I am trying to figure out are the shoes/accessories. I'm thinking a good strappy gold sandal would work, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. Do the Cheaping Girls have any good solutions?

Pam says...
Go with metallic. I prefer silver over gold, but either will work with this color. I like a strappy sandal, especially for this time of year. I would take inspiration from these Jimmy Choo's and look for similar looks at low low prices online from Newport News, Victoria's Secret Catalogue and Zappos.


As far as accessories, we loved loved loved the huge stack of gold bangles that Carrie wore in one of her 81 costume changes in the Sex and the City Movie. We'd go with lots of these (and we mean lots) with some tiny, delicate earrings. We seem to have good luck finding inexpensive bangles and earrings at Forever 21 (see bangles below), Target and Wal-Mart. TJ Maxx is also a great source for jewelry.
I would go with a clutch purse. Again, we take inspiration from Jimmy Choo (see below) and again you can find great clutch bags at Forever 21.
Man, I love Forever 21...


Janaan says...
I think teal looks lovely with this color. I would take inspiration from the Christian Dior ensemble Cameron Diaz wore to the 2007 Art Costume Institute Gala or Sara Jessica Parker at the premiere of the last season of Sex and the City:



There are some great bracelet and earring options at Forever 21 (see below).
Man, I love Forever 21...

Natalie says...
I am really groovin' on random, unexpected punches of color right now. I think that a bright yellow would look fabulous with this dress. You could even mix it up like SJP above (love the red shoes she's wearing along with the teal earrings). I took my inspiration from these yellow and black snake print pumps and patent leather slingbacks, both from Newport News. I would have the shoes be a statement piece and pick one or two accessories to accentuate. There are lots of great choices at Forever 21 (see below).
Man, I love Forever 21...







XOXO,
The Cheaping Girls

4 comments:

Jodi said...

This was so fun!

Kate said...

Fantastic!

Amanda said...

Hi Cheaping Girls, I came across you blog randomly and I love it. I actually went to high school with Janaan, but I doubt she remembers me.

Your blog is so much fun! I really like this new segment. I have some questions for the Cheaping Girls myself :)

Lindsay said...

Good answers ladies! All options would be so lovely. I like Natalie's idea of mixing stuff up and SJP always does it so well.

I am also very into statement shoes! I just got some awesome bright yellow heels from Ross for $9. Perfect!

I love you guys!