A Trip to Big Lots

I recently stopped by my local Big Lots to see what was happening. Many of you won’t remember but “back in the day” Big Lots used to be Pic ‘n’ Save. I loved that store too. Financial troubles caused the chain to close many markets. In 2002, Big Lots bought the remaining Pic ‘n’ Save stores and converted them to the Big Lots brand.

As the nation's largest broadline closeout retailer, Big Lots has the power to negotiate the best deals in the business. They sell a broad range of brand-name products, including consumables, seasonal items, furniture, housewares, toys, electronics, home décor, tools and gifts - all at 20-70% below other retailers. It’s a broad range all right, I once found (and bought) an electric S’more maker for $10. My greatest deal was a Waverly valance for $3.

ANYWAY, Big Lots is one of the places I check out randomly for closeouts. At Christmas time it’s great for cheap (but kitchy fun) decorations. In the springtime it’s great for kitchy fun yard stuff. In between its just fun for all kinds of things you did not think you needed. Like today I bought six mini martini glasses for $6. Now I don’t even drink mini martini’s but I thought how cute they would be for a scoop of sorbet or Pots de Crème. But I digress. I’m here to talk about my springtime visit.

Umbrella Party Picks - $2.50



Large Lauau Tray - $4.00



Hula Top - $200 - just kidding typo - $2.00




Metal Tiki Signs - $5.00




Dancing Hula Girls - $4.00 - you know you have been looking for these!



Umbrella Patio Lights - $8.00



Metal Flower Patio Lights - $8.00


Non Stick BBQ Skillet - $5.00




Grilling Basket - $5.00

Water Wand - $6.00


14" Hanging Basket with liner - $6.00



Garden Shoes - $4.00




Garden Gnomes - $6.00 - $8.00 - Leave one of these in your neighbors yard - what a nice surprise!




Gardening Tools - $1.00 each



0 comments: