A glimpse into our world...

Mom and I were working on some posts for Cheaping Girls tonight when suddenly the power went out on our street. Our Dad bought a generator last fall and has been itching for a power outage so he could give it a try. This whole situation reminded me of a story. I was home over the holidays last year and Mom was telling me about the new generator. She was so excited because if the power went out for an extended period of time, "we would be covered, you know for flat ironing your hair...and the refrigerators." "...and the refrigerators" was definitely an after thought. This made me laugh out loud. Only the Cheaping Girls would think of flat ironing our hair as the primary purpose for a power generator.

So, back to tonight. Dad came home and got the generator fired up and voila! We were back in business. What was the first thing we did? Well we rushed downstairs to watch the Dancing With The Stars results show of course!! So, there you have it, our power generator priorities: Flat Irons, Reality TV and now, blogging.

1 comments:

Kim said...

I love your mom! This is definitely what I would need a generator for. Our power goes out constantly in the summer, because it is so hot, and in the winter, because of the ice storms. I am going to have to ask 'Dad' what the best generator for the buck is!